Letterkenny Student Accommodation Safe, Secure, Comfortable and Affordable, purpose built student accommodation offers the following Facilites/Services to suit every students needs, all our Apartments and Townhouses are fitted to the highest standard Board Failtes approval and grading 4 * standard.
The advantages to LYIT students choosing to reside with us are:
Only 7 minutes walk to the Letterkenny Institute of Technology and 3 minutes walk to Letterkenny’s Main Street. where the Facilities nearby include: Doctors Surgery, Dentist, Central Pharmacy, Letterkenny Shopping Centre, Retail Parks, Courtyard, Butchers, Post Office , Easons, Donegal Stationary,Banks, Bus Eireann, Private Bus operators, Century Cinema. Numerous restaurants, bars, nightclubs, Letterkenny Community Centre, Aura Leisure Centre. , to name but a few.
Hassle free booking of accommodation for the academic year.
Being with a community of students attending the LYIT
Letterkenny Student Accommodation consists of three apartment types:
- Two bedroom apartments
- Three bedroom apartments
- One bedroom apartments
Apartments have single and twin bedrooms
Our Accommodations are in a highly desirable location in the heart of Letterkenny and includes:
- On Site Administration Office with an experienced team manning the office Monday to friday
- Fax and Photocopying Services (Facilities are vailable for small fee at the Administration Office)
- Smoking is not permitted in Houses, Apartments or communal areas.
- Smoking is permitted and facilitated only in dedicated outside areas.
- Limited Number Car Parking spaces available, Parking is available in the public car parks adjacant to the accommodations
- All Apartments are accessiable directly from a secure common front door by way of intercom / door release to ground floor lobby and connecting stairwell to all floors
- Monitored fire protection system in each Apartment & common area
Kitchen ⁄ Living Area:
Each apartment has a fully equipped kitchen/Living room consisting of all necessary equipment for modern day living while you are away from home.
- TV ⁄ Video (Combi) in each apartment living room
- Washer ⁄ Dryer, Electric hob/oven, Microwave, Fridge, Cutlery, crockery Cooking Utensils ,kettle, toaster,Vacuum Cleaner, Iron/ Ironing board, brushes/ mops /buckets.
- Living & Dining areas are fully furnished to ensure a home from home ambience is achieved
Maintenance of excellent living conditions is a priority of Letterkenny Student Accommodation:
- A regular cleaning service is provided to all entrance halls,common areas, stairwells, as maintenance of excellent living conditions is a priority.
- Regular monthly scheduled inspections of Apartments Students are liable for the cost of engaging contract cleaners where apartments are being neglected
- Private weekly refuse collection
Bedrooms / Study Facilities:
- Students are required to provide their own Duvets, pillows, bed clothes and towels, mattress protector covers are provided
- Bed linen is provided for International / Erasmus Students only. i.e (Duvet,duvet cover pillow, and sheets, 2 bath towels)
- Study desks, bedside lockers, lamps, Wardrobes, clothes hangers, waste bin
- Study bedrooms are designed to match the needs of students and include 24 Hour access High Speed Broadband Connection available in each bedroom. Students need to provide their own Laptops/computers and CAT 5 network cable to access the the internet
- All beds are provided with a mattress protector.
- Bedroom door locks on all private bedrooms.
- 24 hour High speed Internet point available in each bedroom Court Manor).
- Students need to provide their own laptops Cat 5 cable to connect to broadband.
When it comes to choosing your Student Accommodation, finding somewhere safe and secure is a must. That's why we put every effort into making sure all our students live in a safe environment.
We know that all our students enjoy living an independent lifestyle with their friends and housemates. All of our security measures are there to help you if you need it. without restricting you during your stay with us while attending the LYIT.
The Letterkenny Student Accommodation and its surrounds is constantly monitored by our Dedicated on -site security personnel who assume responsibility for the safe keeping of the Accommodation Premises and its Tenants. To supplement Security patrols, the Accommodations are monitored by 24 hour Digital Recording cameras which record activity inside and outside properties on to a computer hard disk with instant retrieval available, and with the co operation of the residents, a safe and pleasant living environment will be maintained for all. Smoke Alarms heat detectors are fitted as standard throughout. Outside Security Lighting with CCTV Coverage 24/7
Residents are responsible for their own security, that of their apartment and their possessions. Working Bedroom Door Locks are on all private bedrooms, each student is provided with a key
Residents should ensure that they have their key on their person at all times. Giving access to residents who are locked out may mean that you will have to wait before we can reach you, So please don’t forget your keys.
The ESB is run on a top up card system, so Students will not accumulate any bills. On arrival an intial payment of €150 per student is paid. Cards are available from the Administration office on site for any top ups needed after the intial amount runs out.
There is however an Emergency top up facility in each apartment at the touch of a button. This emergency amount will be restored from the top up card when it is activated.
Each house is metered as a unit and the residents are responsible for dividing and paying their ESB Accounts. If ESB bills are not paid on time then the ESB may disconnect power. Tenants are responsible for any reconnection fees incurred.
Each Apartment, has gas fired central heating, which also provides instant hot water. On arrival each student pays an initial payment of €200.00. When this payment has been used students can top up by € 10, € 20 or €50 amounts as needed. Any unused credit will be refunded at the end of the academic year after a meter reading has been taken.
Each apartments is metered separately for heating. Students can check their gas consumption weekly by contacting the administration office. Students should keep track of their use and be careful when leaving heating and hot water on.
Each townhouse has oil fired central heating. On arrival each student pays an initial payment of €250.00, if this amount is used, students will have to arrange to purchase more oil. Most suppliers have a minimum amount that the will deliverr. Each house is also metered seperately for electric again on arrival each student pays 200 Euro towards the electric, again if this money runs out the student will have to top up their credit any monies remaining at end of the year will be returned